So here's the story, back around 2004 or 2005 I was at the end of my lucrative manual labor career and was getting ready to make a change. I had purchased this 71 ford Thunderbird Hardtop a few years previous and, after a few years of being unable to work on it, it had degraded till the point it wasn't fit to be used in my new career. so it was parked. Now, after a few years, I am able to pull it back outta the tree line and attempt to resurrect it. This blog will follow along with the progress from rust bucket hoopty to a (once again) nice ride.

Friday, January 25, 2008

Dash lights

Back awhile I had an event inside of the dash wiring. I was living in Kearney at that time and so I took it down to a local place to have the wiring checked. Well I tell you I can't ever remember having the lights on the windshield wiper pod work or the lights on the heater controls so I wanted to check that out and see if I could figure it out.. Since my shop manual haven't arrived yet I worked on it blind.

So here is what I did... The blue and red wire with the blue splice: they had the right side of the splice (that goes to the fuse block) just clipped clean. and they had the other end that comes from the headlight switch spliced to the red and blue wire that goes to the gauge cluster connector hanging in front, the wire that should have been connected to the gauge cluster block was also just clipped clean.. Then they had a wire leached onto the thick yellow wire and stuck into the headlight switch.. to provide power to the mess... since the correct wire from the fuse block was hanging free, clipped clean.. everything works great now... next thing is vacuum..

No comments: