So here's the story, back around 2004 or 2005 I was at the end of my lucrative manual labor career and was getting ready to make a change. I had purchased this 71 ford Thunderbird Hardtop a few years previous and, after a few years of being unable to work on it, it had degraded till the point it wasn't fit to be used in my new career. so it was parked. Now, after a few years, I am able to pull it back outta the tree line and attempt to resurrect it. This blog will follow along with the progress from rust bucket hoopty to a (once again) nice ride.

Saturday, November 10, 2007

UPDATE: Turn Signals and brake lights

Ahh sunny fall Saturday afternoons are sure great things.

Replacing the turn signal switch had some effects on other road worthy deficiencies of the bird bird. Turn signals and brake lights. Here is a bit of video I shot after I came back from my short drive.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great stuff Darin....What happins when you step on brake with turn signals running?

Admin said...

Well, from what I have gathered the turn signal over rides the brake light on that side.. Now I havent had first hand witness to this but on my drive while stopped at a sign I could still here the "tick tick tick" noise coming from the trunk. So either the brake lights are dead again or everything is working as expected back there..